Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Titaya's--Best Thai Food in Austin...and cheap!!


It's been a busy week. I've been setting up appointments with students, tracking with our Friendship Families (who thankfully are making some great connections with their international students), and getting prepared for the big trip next week. So, what better way to conclude the week than with a trip to Titaya's with a few international students. Paran, a student from Thailand's Chaing Mai province introduced me to the place. It is simply the best Thai food I've ever had. What's amazing is that a lunch there will only set you back $7. They have the best Mango and sticky rice i've ever had. My friend Kevin, who works with me here at UT teared up after tasting it during his first visit. Looks like we'll have a group there. It should be good times. Titaya's, if you're in Austin is just south of 2222 on Lamar next to the Half-Priced Books. I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed. It's a great way to experience Thailand.

No comments: