Wednesday, September 30, 2009

haircut--Korean style


Got my haircut today at E-village. Hannah, my favorite Korean Barber was there. She cut my hair last time. Some people angle for the same barber every time. I don't. I just show up and let the first lady cut my hair who is available. It really doesn't matter to me. I don't place too much stock in making my hair nice. So this was rare day for me. Hannah, twice in a row. She actually remembered how she had cut my hair the last time: number 1 on the side, and number 4 on top (I'm refering to the sizes of those razor grill thingies). Amazing she remembered. Maybe she's one of a number of barbers in the area with a photographic memory? anyway, she did a decent job. She's a very sweet lady. The one thing she did that MUST be Korean is that she gave my eyebrows a trim. Yes, that's right! She trimmed my eyebrows. Now, I have pretty thick brows. She was kind enough to explain to me that the eyebrow shave was for free and included in the price. It felt really weird. Kinda tickled. That was a first for me. I'm not sure how I would have felt if she wanted to charge for that. Hmmm, probably wouldn't have paid for that. As I left I wondered if I'd try to get her next time. I do tend to go to the same place just cuz its close to home and I always get a coupon (which I just end up giving back as a tip anyway). Nah, probably not. I like her, but hair just doesn't matter that much to me. Seems like anyone can do my hair....yes, and probably anyone could trim my eyebrows too.

1 comment:

Thad said...

You think you'll ever check into the Flobee? I've been told it's great and it'll definitely save you money! I want to promise you that, as another Korean, I will not trim your eyebrows... :)